Phil's Observations

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Here's the beginning of a journey ...

Hello!

I'm a simply guy who's going to share what I observe and what I think. Simple as that!

Here's a li'l about me:

I'm a pretty conservative guy. But, I am also very, very critical of taxes and governmental waste.

I regularly listen to News/Talk 890, WLS-AM in Chicago. Roe Conn cracks me up. I miss Garry Meier. Don & Roma are great. Deborah Roe is a straight talker, ya gotta love the woman. I'm going to miss Jay Marvin. A lot.

I love to play Pinochle. It's a great strategy card game. Find yourself a good partner, and be sure to laugh when you play. The more players, the better. Try a quadruple deck with 8 players. You'll never have more fun.

And finally, here is my motto: We're in the frickin' 21st century, folks. Get over your frickin' prejudices. Race doesn't matter. Religion doesn't matter. Disability doesn't matter. Sexual orientation doesn't matter. Gender doesn't matter. Age doesn't matter. Ethnicity doesn't matter. Our Declaration of Indepence says it all "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

I do not tolerate any discrimation of any person because of a prejudice. Treat every single person you come into contact with as an individual. Don't know what I mean? Click the link for more prejudices.

We are in control of our destiny. The choices we make today will dictate our tomorrow. We all make mistakes. Learn from them. Get over them. Move forward.

Finally, to quote the book Good to Great by Jim Collins, I also believe in what he calls the Stockdale Paradox: You must maintain unwavering faith that you can and will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties, AND at the same time you must also confront the most brutal facts." Good to Great by Jim Collins


Kicknit 12/28/2004

0 Comments:

Add a comment