Phil's Observations

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Let Capitalism Take Its Course

I am getting very tired of hearing about the airline industry and their financial problems (including the frickin bankruptcies).

Here are four examples:

Delta

American

United

US Air

Phil's Observations
At some point we're just gonna have to let the changes take place without the frickin government getting involved. United has been in bankruptcy for how long? How many times has US Air filed for bankruptcy? How many skirmishes with bankruptcy have American & Delta had? Come on, folks. If they can't be competitive in the marketplace, they don't belong in the marketplace.

I can understand the government offering financial assistance after 9/11. The industry suffered immensely. But that was 3 years ago. If they can't get back on their feet within 3 years, it's time for them to leave. Although, I must admit, I fly American and hope they don't leave ... I've got tons of AAdvantage miles to use up.

Everything runs in cycles. Let's stop interupting the cycle of the airline industry and let it take its course. If we have to lose US Air, United, Delta, and American, oh well, life will move forward. I want a full-service airline; I am not a big fan of the discounters. But if that is the way it's going to be, I'm not going to cry.

P.S. I've got Bronchitis and it sux.
Kicknit 1/11/2005

0 Comments:

Add a comment