Phil's Observations

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Seth Shares a Positive Moment in Iraq

If you haven't done so yet, be sure to check out Seth's blog.

His latest entry gives gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling - the side of Seth that he doesn't often share.

Flower Power
I had a mission to one of the water treatment plants in Baghdad today. While we were waiting around a bunch of kids swarmed us. I gave them water and candy and in return one of the little girls went and picked a flower for me (look at the picture below). I thought it was pretty cool so I am posting it.I like knowing that I am making a difference here. The difference may be small but I like to think that we need to help on a personal level instead of just sending a check to some relief organization. Just talking and interacting with the locals shows them that we are not monsters like some say we are. Sorry no rants :(. Later.

Kicknit 1/13/2005

0 Comments:

Add a comment