Phil's Observations

Monday, January 17, 2005

Seth's Post & My Comment

If you haven't checked out Seth's blog, it may be worth your time. Here is a recent Seth post and my comment.

Gay Paris
I’m tired of people picking on the French because they didn’t want to get into the “war”. They stayed neutral, so what? The United States did the same thing years ago. Remember WWII? Well the Germans invaded France in 1940 but the United States refused to get involved until we were attacked in 1942. Iraq never attacked France so why should we persecute them for not going to war? In all honesty Iraq never attacked America either. Granted Iraq should have been liberated and I am glad we are over here doing what we are doing but we shouldn’t pick on a country for staying out of a fight that isn’t theirs. Later.
posted by SethIsRoot at 8:15 PM
- - - -
Seth, I'm not really bothered if a country decides to stay "neutral" and out of a conflict; that is their priority (although I may consider them to be wimps). The problem with France is that they are not neutral! They are waist deep in shit from their dealings with Saddam. They just didn't just not want to assist America, they argued against it! Wait for a few more months, and they may be chin-deep in shit as it folds out.And while I'm on this rant, I've got to explain that it is not the French people I am angry with. It's their government. I really wish they would fight for a new government. I've been to France twice on vacations; they have some absolutely great people there, and I love to travel the countryside with my camera.
You're absolutely right. Iraq did not attack us directly. Key word is directly. Saddam knew it would be nuts to do that. That's why he offered habor & support to Al Queda. He lost the bet, though. We still came and kicked his ass. No wait. We couldn't. His ass was hidden in an underground hole.
By Kicknit, at 4:38 AM
Kicknit 1/17/2005

1 Comments:

Hard to call a country neutral when it was up to its eyeballs in Hussein's blood-money bribes.

And just where did Yasser Arafat feel safe in going to get medical attention?

The French have been nothing but irresponsible on the international scene.

Add a comment