Phil's Observations

Thursday, February 24, 2005

No posts

It's been a while since I've posted. Been busy and haven't been inspired to write about anything lately.

An "anonymous" person posted a comment on a recent post. I deleted their comment and pasted it in a new comment. The only change I made to the original comment is that I removed a link to a website. The website promoted hate. As most of my regular viewers know, I do not promote hate, and found the website inappropriate. Actually, I found it very childish. It's now gone.

I am often amused by people. It's fun to observe how people present themselves. I love a good debate. I love people who strongly disagree with me. In fact, some of my best friends have differing viewpoints than I do. But do you know why we are still friends? Because we know that when we have a very lively debate, we still love each other and ourselves and can laugh about it. We don't take it personally. We don't get offended by what each other says. We can discuss or argue about life, media, politics, friends, family, laws, whatever and get very dramatic when we present an idea or perspective, but we always let it go when we're done and go out for some drinks or dinner. Or go on vacations or trips together. You don't hear me talking about a friend's opinion to another person. And you don't hear my friend talk about my opinion to someone else. We let it go and move on. Too many times, people aren't willing to let it go and move forward. We need to stop re-living the present or past. You'll get left behind if you don't move forward.

P.S. Seth is on his way home from Iraq. I wish him a safe and speedy trip home. I hope he continues to post once he gets home and transitions back into "semi-regular" life. Be sure to check out his blog. The link is in the left sidebar.

Oh, and another thing. Somewhere, somehow, I got some spyware, adware, or virus on my PC. I'm working diligently (or not so diligently) to remove it. I think I've located the problem, but am having trouble getting rid of it. Everytime I try to get rid of it, I get an Windows error message that it cannot be deleted because another program is using it. Actually, now that I've been infected, I think I have more that one problem. I've got a VX2, whatever the hell that is, and have had no luck getting rid of it. Any, it's caused me some frustration. But hell, how enjoyable would life be if we didn't have some challenges to overcome.

I have Thursday & Friday off this week, so I get four straight days to do nuttin but vegitate. I'm looking forward to it.
Kicknit 2/24/2005

0 Comments:

Add a comment