Phil's Observations

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Ya ever have that feelin'?

that time flies so damn fast it's hard to keep up? It's been months since I've posted to the blog, and it's been months since I've thought about it. So many other "things" are to be completed or accomplished, it's like this grand idea of a blog that I had just got pushed to the wayside. I actually feel a little bit guilty over it, simply because my intention was to stay on top of the blog.

There have been so many events that have taken place since I last posted, and now it would take forever to get caught up. So I am just going to have to live with the fact of no posts in several months, sincerely ask for readership apology, and continue on.

What's on my mind today do you ask? Individual spirit. One of the women I help though an agency I volunteer for drives me insane. This woman is 51 years old, twice divorced, with six kids, the littlest ones being 7, 9, and 14. This poor woman has had to deal with so many court hearings and trials since her divorce from her second husband it's insane. She struggles to keep up, and she struggles to maintain a positive attitude. Sometimes she loses this struggle. She has a hard time managing her time, and an even harder time managing what little money she has. But yet, this women has been enrolled in five consecutive semesters part-time at a local college, and has recieved a 4.0 for four of them, a 3.8 for the other. It simply amazes me that she struggles so much to live life, but when she's committed to something, she can do so well.

Today is a beautiful day. Family is coming over so I am gonna fire up the grill for some good ol' burgers and brats. I hope you're doing well.
Kicknit 8/07/2005

0 Comments:

Add a comment